What can we help you find today?
Welcome to the National Rehabilitation Information Center!
The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) is the library of the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR.). We collect, catalog, and disseminate the articles, reports, curricula, guides, and other publications and products of the research projects funded by NIDILRR. NIDILRR funds more than 250 projects each year that conduct research on a wide range of issues including technology, health and function, independent living, and capacity building. Learn more about NIDILRR.
News and Notes from the NIDILRR Community and Beyond! Sign up for NARIC's weekly alert service for updates on research, resources, and events from NIDILRR grantees and other areas of the disability and rehabilitation community. A new News and Notes goes out every Wednesday. Check out past issues in the searchable archive.
Interested in grants? Try our NIDILRR Announcements list to learn about NIDILRR grant opportunities.
Advanced Search Options
- Articles, books, reports, and other documents in REHABDATA. REHABDATA has more than 80,000 abstracts of research literature. Are you looking for free full-text articles? REHABDATA includes thousands of free documents. Use the advanced search page and click "Only return documents whose full text is available online."
- Current and past projects funded by NIDILRR in the Program Database. Browse through the current and new projects. Or use the advanced search page to search through more than 250 projects NIDILRR funds each year. This database includes projects from 1988 to present.
- Tools developed by NIDILRR grantees in the Tools Collection. Surveys, checklists, assessments, and more designed to gather and analyze data.
- Agencies, organizations, periodicals, and websites in the Knowledgebase.
Browse Through Our Resources
- NARIC Ready Reference of carefully selected resources. Our information specialists use the Ready Reference every day to help patrons find the resources they need.
- Information Resource Brochures for 10 different topics. Download, print, and share these quick guides.
- Frequently Asked Questions from our patrons. Your question may already be answered!
- NARIC's Multimedia Collection of audio and video materials developed by NIDILRR grantees.
- We have many ways to stay in touch! Learn more about our social media and newsletters.
Read Some of Our Publications
- NIDILRR Research Spotlight of grantee achievements. A quick overview of the work of NIDILRR's grantees.
- What's New at NIDILRR? A quick look at NIDILRR's latest achievements. You might also download the Long Range Plan for Fiscal Years 2013-2017 (also in PDF).
- reSearch for comprehensive literature reviews on timely topics. We search REHABDATA and other databases to find the latest literature.
- RehabWire for a quick look at NIDILRR research.
- NIDILRR Portfolio Reviews. Expert reviews of NIDILRR's technology, employment, and health and function research portfolios.