What can we help you find today?
Welcome to the National Rehabilitation Information Center!
The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) is the library of the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR.). We collect, catalog, and disseminate the articles, reports, curricula, guides, and other publications and products of the research projects funded by NIDRR. NIDRR funds more than 250 projects each year that conduct research on a wide range of issues including technology, health and function, independent living, and capacity building. Learn more about NIDRR.
News and Notes from the NIDRR Community and Beyond! Sign up for NARIC's weekly alert service for updates on research, resources, and events from NIDRR grantees and other areas of the disability and rehabilitation community. A new News and Notes goes out every Wednesday. Check out past issues in the archive.
Interested in grants? Try our NIDRR Announcements list to learn about NIDRR grant opportunities.
- Articles, books, reports, and other documents in REHABDATA. REHABDATA has more than 80,000 abstracts of research literature. Are you looking for free full-text articles? REHABDATA includes thousands of free documents. Use the advanced search page and click "Only return documents whose full text is available online."
- Current and past projects funded by NIDRR in the Program Database. NIDRR funds more than 250 projects each year. Meet the 2012 projects.
- Tools developed by NIDRR grantees in the Tools Collection. Surveys, checklists, assessments, and more designed to gather and analyze data.
- Agencies, organizations, periodicals, and websites in the Knowledgebase.
- NARIC Ready Reference of carefully selected resources. Our information specialists use the Ready Reference every day to help patrons find the resources they need.
- Information Resource Brochures for 10 different topics. Download, print, and share these quick guides.
- Frequently Asked Questions from our patrons. Your question may already be answered!
- NARIC's Multimedia Collection of audio and video materials developed by NIDRR grantees.
- We have many ways to stay in touch! Learn more about our social media and newsletters.
- NIDRR Research Spotlight of grantee achievements. A quick overview of the work of NIDRR's grantees.
- What's New at NIDRR? A quick look at NIDRR's latest achievements. You might also download the Long Range Plan for Fiscal Years 2013-2017 (also in PDF).
- reSearch for comprehensive literature reviews on timely topics. We search REHABDATA and other databases to find the latest literature.
- RehabWire for a quick look at NIDRR research.
- NIDRR Portfolio Reviews. Expert reviews of NIDRR's technology, employment, and health and function research portfolios.