We are conducting maintenance on our server. You may experience temporary interruptions in service or error messages during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Where can I find statistics on spinal cord, brain, and burn injury?
We often receive requests for statistics for a specific injury type. These questions can include:
- What are the main causes of spinal cord injury?
- How long can someone with a burn injury stay in the hospital?
- Is a person with a brain injury likely to live independently?
These questions and more can be answered by the model systems statistical and data centers. Each publishes fact sheets based on data submitted by the model centers across the country. They provide snapshots of causes, treatment, and demographics for these types of injuries.
- Traumatic Brain Injury National Data and Statistical Center
- National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center
- National Data and Statistical Center for the Burn Injury Model Systems
The Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center also offers an excellent selection of fact sheets for SCI, TBI, and burn injury in English and Spanish. They answer questions about disorders of consciousness, independent living, assistive technology, employment, relationships, health care, and much more.If you are a researcher or statistician, the data collected by these centers are available. Visit the individual data centers to learn how to access these databases.