About NIDILRR/ACL Grant Numbers
Per the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), now the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), has been transferred to the Administration for Community Living (ACL) in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NIDILRR-funded grants that were active after October 2014 may have received new grant numbers.
Any grants awarded after October 2014 received new ACL grant numbers beginning with 90. Only one grant number will appear in these records and any records added after this point. Any grants awarded prior to October 2014 may have a grant number beginning with H133, ED, RN, HN, or G000. To maintain the historical record of the NIDILRR Program Database, two grant numbers may appear in a NIDILRR Program Directory record. If the grant received a new ACL number, the previous Dept of Education number will appear in parentheses.
The following list may be helpful in identifying projects by funding mechanism:
- Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects: H133A (pre-2014) or 90DP (post-2014)
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Centers (RRTCs): H133B (pre-2014) or 90RT (post-2014)
- Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers (RERCs): H133E (pre-2014) or 90RE (post-2014)
- Switzer Research Fellowships: H133F (pre-2014) or 90SF (post-2014)
- Field Initiated Research Projects (FIRs/FIPs): H133G (pre-2014) or 90IF (post-2014)
- Model Spinal Cord Injury System Centers (MSCIS): H133N (pre-2014) or 90SI (post-2014)
- Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training Centers (ARRTs): H133P (pre-2014) or 90AR (post-2014)
- Small Business Innovation Research Projects (SBIRs): H133S (pre-2014) or 90BI (post-2014)
- Contracts: ED (pre-2014) or GS (post-2014)
- Innovative Research (legacy): H133C
- Disability and Business Technical Assistance Centers (legacy, now DRRPs): H133D
- Contracts and SBIRs (legacy): HN, RN