We will be conducting improvements to our databases between April 1st through 3rd You may experience temporary disruptions in your search experience. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) is the library of the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR). We collect, catalog, and disseminate the articles, reports, curricula, guides, and other publications and products of the research projects funded by NIDILRR. NIDILRR funds more than 250 projects each year that conduct research on a wide range of issues including technology, health and function, independent living, and capacity building. Learn more about NIDILRR.
News and Notes from the NIDILRR Community and Beyond! Sign up for NARIC's weekly alert service for updates on research, resources, and events from NIDILRR grantees and other areas of the disability and rehabilitation community. A new News and Notes goes out every Wednesday. Check out past issues in the searchable archive.
Interested in grants? Try our NIDILRR Announcements list to learn about NIDILRR grant opportunities.
Advanced Search Options
- Articles, books, reports, and other documents in REHABDATA. REHABDATA has more than 200,000 abstracts of research literature, including more than 120,000 abstracts of research produced outside the US (originally the CIRRIE database). Are you looking for free full-text articles? REHABDATA includes thousands of free documents. Use the advanced search page and click "Only return documents whose full text is available online."
- Current and past projects funded by NIDILRR in the Program Database. You can browse through the newest projects, all projects by type, or all projects by research priority. Or use the advanced search page to search through more than 250 projects NIDILRR funds each year. This database includes projects from 1988 to present.
- Tools developed by NIDILRR grantees in the Tools Collection. Surveys, checklists, assessments, and more designed to gather and analyze data.
- Agencies, organizations, periodicals, and websites in the Knowledgebase.
Browse Through Our Resources
- NARIC Ready Reference of carefully selected resources. Our information specialists use the Ready Reference every day to help patrons find the resources they need.
- Information Resource Brochures for 18 different topics. Download, print, and share these quick guides.
- Frequently Asked Questions from our patrons. Your question may already be answered!
- NARIC's Multimedia Collection of audio and video materials developed by NIDILRR grantees.
- We have many ways to stay in touch! Learn more about our social media and newsletters.
Read Some of Our Publications
- Research In Focus highlighting new and interesting findings from the NIDILRR grantee community.
- NIDILRR Publications and Resources. You might also download the Long Range Plan for 2018-2023 (PDF).
- reSearch for comprehensive literature reviews on timely topics. We search REHABDATA and other databases to find the latest literature.
- NIDILRR Portfolio Reviews. Expert reviews of NIDILRR's technology, employment, and health and function research portfolios.